The Trent Barbel Fish-in 2007

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Amazing Picture of you catching with the sun-set mate. Rich, has a few similar pics of me (with a bream)

Fun article too.

Will def be there for the October Fish-in. Do we ever have them on the Severn? I've been fishing Trent Tactics this week on the Severn - which is pretty high. As I approached the river on Tuesday 17th (July) a salmon angler walked up the path and said, 'you'll never catch in that lad.' The result - 3 barbel up to nine and a bit in one hour. Fished it how we discussed fishing the Trent on Sunday. The Severn was empty mate, not a soul on the river. So....long day ticket stretches of the river, and free bits. Maybe a Severn fish-in one day???

Jim (Smith)

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Organise a Severn Fish-in I am sure a few would have a crack at it myself included!

Frothy....Oh yes!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Lee, are you losing the plot though mate???

I think the rats are starting to get to you.

Did Critter get his pole out?

The Severn sounds good.

Reaction score
It appears we have a Fish-in in the making!

Mid-late October on the Severn then... Anyone fancy helping to marshall the FM hoards? Graham W? Brummie Paul?

Our head-honcho, Mr.Marzipan could update his classic chub video ;-)

CRITTER

Reaction score
not this time D.B but im greasing it up for the next fish in ......err( i better take my self off and have a major chat i think!)

this write up gets the ribs tickling LEE.
nice one!

as for the severn get on it!
have car will travel!

Reaction score
Can we keep venue suggestions to general areas or PMs though, we are lucky on the Severn... there are very few jugglers, clowns or bearded ladies and we'd like to keep it that way!!

I'll stick my neck out and organise...

Time for a new thread :)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sounds like a good do Lee. Sorry i could not make it but i had a Scuba lesson late Sat. My new hobby and loving it.

Will make the next one for sure.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that the article might be stretching the truth somewhat, and when I came upon the comment that Ron's Saxo arrived at 1.3 mph, then I knew you were joking.

A Saxo could never attain such a high speed

;-0)

S

Sean Meeghan

Hmm... think the biltong might have seen better days Lee.

Brilliant swim selection by me. Shame about the my lack of moral fibre though. Only 24 hours without a bite and I move swims!

J

John McLaren

Great piece Lee - what next - ancient Roman mink at Ribchester with a special line in flatulence developing chemical warfare before its time?

M

MarkTheSpark

You are, without any doubt, clinically insane, Lee. Insane and very funny. Top article, chap.

E

Eric Hayes

Lol, Lee your bonkers mate. We didn't have a Rat problem where we was pegged. What I found was the bloody big black Beatles where a nightmare, I could hear them running round on my bivy table all night. When I got home and started taking stuff out of my rucksack about 15 of em had hitched a ride to Blackburn.