Provimi groundbait.

Ian Clark

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum so excuse ignorance, thanx.
Have fairly recently taken up coarse fishing and have been spending a small fortune on pre-packed groundbaits. So in order to try and save a few quid I thought i'd buy bulk.
Did a little research and ended up buying three 25kg bags of Provimi 66, Crushed hempseed and Maize meal.
My first question is, has anyone else out there ever used Provimi 66 fish meal and if so have you found it effective?
I've tried it on many occasions mixed with forementioned ingredients with absolutely no results and have even got to wondering if perhaps the 'mix' is scaring the fish off!
Which leads me to my next question. I live in the west of Scotland, Glasgow to be precise and travel as far afield as Loch Lomond on my fresh water fishing adventures. I can't help noticing at locations where I used to catch regularly last year I'm lucky if I get a bite now!
Obviously I've tried not using the mix in case that was the problem but to no avail.
Anyone else noticed the fish just don't seem to be biting this year?

W

Wolfman Woody

See you Jimmy!

If you've tried it before with no results, why buy three 25kg sacks of the stuff? You wouldne be making little balls of the groundbait and deep frying them first like your Mars bars would ye? :0)

I've not heard of Provimi 66 before let alone used it, I have used other fishmeals though and I have had success with them.

The mix (give or take a part) 2 parts fishmeal, 3 parts brown breadcrumb, 1 part crushed hemp, and mix it up with molasses watered down 50/50.

You'll find molasses in 5 litre bottles at a horse feed centre, cost around ?4. Cheap as chips.

Ian Clark

Reaction score
For your information Woody I never tried it until I purchased it, I'm not an idiot! However I have used crushed hempseed in conjunction with other ingredients so realise this is not the problem. I guess you think your comments are funny, all you are doin is showin your ignorance and prejudice, I'm not goin to lower myself to your level and get involved in a slagging match so if you can't say anything in a civil manner then just keep it to yourself.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Provimi 66 is fine mate,I hear it is used in boilie making alot and I use it in my mixes and pva bags .

W

Wolfman Woody

"For your information Woody I never tried it until I purchased it, I'm not an idiot! "
"all you are doin is showin your ignorance and prejudice, "
"get involved in a slagging match"

Touchy touchy!!!

My comments as thus -

"I've not heard of Provimi 66 before let alone used it, I have used other fishmeals though and I have had success with them.

The mix (give or take a part) 2 parts fishmeal, 3 parts brown breadcrumb, 1 part crushed hemp, and mix it up with molasses watered down 50/50.

You'll find molasses in 5 litre bottles at a horse feed centre, cost around ?4. Cheap as chips."

WERE IN FACT DESIGNED TO HELP YOU!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Definately needs a bulk agent like crumb otherwise the mix might be too strong.

I am not sure what typoe of fishing you do but note you are new to coarse fishing.Might it be the case that the venues you are going to and the fish they contain may not resepond to any groundbait and loose feed approach might be better?

Asa for Woody, you will get used to his rather bizarre sense of humour after a while.It all comes from the fact that he is a northener who has lived in the south for too long;-)