humminbird usa

Tony Firth

Reaction score
have had my humminbird RF10 for over a year and got it off ebay.now the green senor STOP WORKING.no one will touch this unit in europe.because its usa and canada only.so now its getting dust on it,to never be used again.so if anybody wants to get one go for unit with orange senor..

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Oh it would be nice to go bass fishing and have a bass boat again!

Julian Barber

Reaction score
The float unit has an 'in-water' life of approx 400hrs. All you need to do is buy a new float unit off Ebay USA and you'll be sorted mate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RF40-Smartcas...ryZ29723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can recommend the above user. Have bought replacement floats and a range extending kit off him.I got my sensor for 99 cents, but I notice he dont auction them anymore, just 'Buy It Now' LOL. You wont be stung for import tax on it either as its under the threshold ;)

Pete

Reaction score
I'll also chip in to say that the Humminbird customer service is second to none. I've had my RF20 pack up twice now and each time Humminbird have fixed / replaced it free of charge despite it being out of warranty. That being said it's the most unreliable piece of junk I've ever bought, so glad I paid the US price rather than got it here.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Firstly the rf10 units are switchable,AorB depending on which sensor you use,so you could buy an orange sensor and use it straight away,secondly you can cut your existing unit and fit a new battery for about ?1 and re=seal,might as well extend the antenna at same time to give far greater range,so all is good,you have nothing to lose, i believe Cakey has done some excellant articles on this site how to do this,no doubt someone will come on to give you the link.

Julian Barber

Reaction score
The units ARE a/b channel switchable BUT ( i stand to be corrected ) the UK version will only switch between orange floats a/b and the US version switch between green floats a/b. You cannot simply switch the US version channel and use a UK float. They work on different frequencies, with neither UK a/b or US a/b being the same frequency.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Quite right Julian,i stand corrected,i would still have a go at changing battery though and maybe extending arial as he has nothing to lose.

P

pugwash

the u.s version is on a different frequency ( 850 Mhz ) to the uk version IS 350 Mhz ""I think" just order a couple of transducers off ebay from an American site work out about a tenner each. if your using the transducer fixed to the boat you can do away the the battery in the transducer and connect and external 3v rechargeable power i.e 2 aa rechargeable