Fishing in and around Maidstone

paul80

Reaction score
Hi guys

The wife has just been notified that she has been selected for jury duty in June ant Maidstone. I will have to drive her there and rather than go home and then drive back to pick her up at the end of the day I plan on getting in some fishing.

So anyone got any recommendations for fishing in and around Maidstone.

Preferably not too expensive or better still free :) I am un-employed but not on benefits so cost is important.

Thanks for your recommendations

Paul

Carlos

Reaction score
Hi, you can check the Maidstone Victory web site for day tickets.

Day/Guest Tickets - Maidstone Victory

There are parts and stretches which are free. The nearest is from East Farleigh bridge to the first footbridge in Maidstone. You have the Medway footpath running alongside the river.

murv

Reaction score
Another free stretch of the Medway (and easy to find) is parking at the Malta Inn (buy a drink in there afterwards though if you're feeling generous!)
It backs onto the river and a short walk upstream puts you onto a long, free stretch.

The fishing is typical Medway, Roach, bream, Pike etc although it's going to be slow in this cold.
Some big Pike in there may be worth a dabble for?

paul80

Reaction score
Thanks Murv

Is the the deep weir side or the tidal side. I have been to the Malta Inn a few times but never to fish.

Paul

murv

Reaction score
The deep weir side Paul, you have to walk a few hundred yards up to get away from the moorings (all no fishing areas)