John Ledger Memorial

Beecy

Reaction score
Fish-in callender seems to be quickly getting a bit congested so I thought I would set the ball rolling on this one...

if its ok with you all I'll gladly do the organising

date to suit every one, but how about early January, or maybe during the Xmas holidays ?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas would be out for me, (as it is my 'turn' to have the children this year) but any other time and I'd be honoured to attend.

Sadly, I couldn't make it to John's funeral so I'd love to fish the first memorial.

Beecy

Reaction score
thats why i thought id bring it up early Peter so we can get the date jugling out of the way, what with the other fish ins being organised.

Im going to be off line for a week after tonight, so what say you all sort a date out between yourselves and i'll pick it up when im back on

how about mid Jan-ish,Saturday,fish it as a match, refreshments/presentation in the bankside pub afterwards

needless to say venue will be Idle at Haxey.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Beecy.

The only dates I cannot make are the Christmas 'week' and December 1st, as I think that Nigel, myself and a couple of others have a 'date' with the Test and her Grayling.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

How about very early December and then we can stop over and have an FM Christmas 'do'?

Beecy

Reaction score
just been talking to Graham, lets pencil in sat dec 8th.

I'll give it a week or so to get an idea of numbers then sound out the pub and club about a booking, OK ?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Beecy cracking idea, put me down for this one, and Graham good idea for the FM xmas do.

Beecy

Reaction score
nothing definate yet as it depends on being able to book the whole bit of river on that day, cant see that being a problem though

seing as at that time of year it will be dark around 4.30, i sugest the full Xmas evening dinner bit will be a bit too long of a wait for those who have to drive home

so lets say breakfast in the pub, fish the match, and I'll see if the pub will lay on a turkey sarnie or two for after ?

Graham has sugested that, in order to accomadate all fishing tastes, pike should be allowed. Given that a (very) good weight of roach will be 8-10 lb and that this could be easily beaten by one pike, we either have a separate pike competition, or all pike will only count as say 2 lb.

talk to you all in a week, cheers.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
8th Dec is good for me as well. As soon as the date is confirmed I'll book in at Haxey for an overnighter.

It'll be an honour and pleasure to fish the Idle again.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Count me in

If its a match and Pike count then they have to count at weight otherwise just let people do a bit of piking for fun.

Personally I wouldn't allow them to count as match weight.

Beecy

Reaction score
same here Lee,

so thats that then, no pike to count in the match.

If it were up to John, he'd have perch banned as well !

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Sorry I cannot make it that day as its my weekend with the kids.If there is any fundraisng being done then perhaps Beecs you could post up details as I am sure others who cannot go would want to contribute.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

This is one i would be interested in......agree if it's a match then no pike should count.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Good on yer Dave.
Count me in for this one and the date sounds good as well. If you need any help sorting things out e-mail me and we will take it from there. Regards Mick.

M

MarkTheSpark

Really small but important point; if you're having a memorial for John, best spell him name right. Maybe Graham can get the title thread amended to Ledger?