Fish'o'mania

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone braving the weather tomorrow to visit Hayfield lakes? I was supposed to be going to Evesham but it's flooded, so i've decided to go to Fisho instead.I went a couple of years ago when Nathan Watson won it and i loved it, it's great to see these guys in action.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
The guys fishing know what they are doing fishing wise, but the fish handling is the worst i have seen, not just by the anglers but by the stewarts also.
But take nothing away from the guys skill.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I watched it with one eye whilst painting the lounge on another horrible wet day. Thought it would be closer than it eventually turned out.
51 Kg won it. Professional Will Raison beaten into second place by a little known guy from Wolverhampton who drew the hot peg 16 in a corner, and took fish to 13lbs plus in his bag.
Have to say Ray didn't see any mishandling of fish by either anglers or officials. I doubt Robin Gosforth the owner would tolerate it.
Before it started I was watching you, Wendy, in Nick Hancocks Fishing School sea fishing from a trawler. The girl did well. In fact I am surprised you weren't on the celebrity match at Fish O Mania!
By the way who was the Scouser, and where was he from?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Peter,

There was a lot said of the bad fish handling after last years event.

I watched 10 mins today.

Tipping fish from landing net to keepnet, then from keepnet to weigh net. Then top it off by tipping the fish into the water. As you say some fish to 13lb.

If thats not bad fish handling i dont know what is, but must say it was'nt as bad as last year.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Peter was that on sky? The scouser.... was Gary Doyle, i haven't a clue where he lived good job really...

Peter i'm sea fishiong again next week for 3 days for conger! That should be a laugh!

Fisho was great, for the first couple of hours i was sat behind Lee Kelly, he was the guy who got through coming second in a qualifier match where the winner didn't/couldn't fish the final. He wasn't doing very well so i moved and sat behind Clive the winner, what a lovely guy and his family were too.A well deserved win for that man!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
He fished the peg to perfection, lost a few fish, but probably foul-hooked because he'd really drawn them into his peg, but a corner peg was alway's going to do well.

As you say, obviously a nice, genuine family, 10% to the daughters was a nice gesture.

Did you notice the 'old' biddy behind them, the one with the painted nail's and rings on her thumb, what a 'mare' :eek:] :eek:]

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Did she have a big scabby hole in her tongue Merv ??

paul martin 7

Reaction score
Wonder what the outcome would have been if a few specimen hunters were allowed to fish that match, interesting result maybe?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Specimen hunters would have lost no doubt.The matchmen would have 50lb in the bag whilst the speci boys found the gravel bar.