personal opinions please guys..

Matty C

Reaction score
I dont know how many of you guys do it already, or have thought about doing it.. but how many of you would keep a fishing diary, i.e. something to write for example while cooped up in your bivvie, waiting for a carp, or when youre home after a session on the river..

I wouldnt mind doing it, it could be good fun having something to write, maybe be a bit creative too. But, I am worried of coming off a little.. well.. protencious (spelling?) for want of a better word..

opinions please guys ?

T

trev matthews

I always write up my exploits for each fishing trip. I dont go into temps or depths or technical stuff or owt just which venue peg waht bait what i caught thats sort of stuff thats all

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Matty.
I think that is a good idea. Not just on what you caught, but what the days proceedings were.
I night fished on Friday night with two mates. This is just one of the things that happened -:

I had just crept out of my bivvy for a quick stretch, as I had been couped up in it for three hours sheltering from the rain. One of the mates joined me and said, I think I'll have a re-cast. This is where I am chucking to Baz, just watch this.

As he was on the method, he lowered his rod behind himself and tensed for the big chuck. I could plainly see him timing the swing of his bait. Are you watching he asked? Go on then, let's see you hit the horizon then. Right then, here goes, WHoosh! or it should have been a Whoosh, instead it was a dull thud and clatter as his chair which he had hooked into hit him on the back of the head, followed by a scream as the braid on his reel sliced into his finger.

These are the kind of things you need on video mate, but writing about them is the next best thing. I wouldn't have missed that moment for anything.

T

The Monk

kept one for years mate, it records location, weather marginal water temps, rigs with little baits, lake maps, information on where peo-le are catching and what on, wind directions, price of permit, water owner, duration of seesion, baits used and baits worth trying, methods useds rods and reels etc, in fact everything I can get in there even birds and wildlife noted, these diaries have built up in patterns over the years, its quite interesting to look bAck

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Started to as a kid.

looked up an old book the other day all that is in that book are places i have fished.

I dont bother as i have never been to a venue that has fished the same when the contitions have been the same, so i stopped as to me it was a waste of time, but each to their own.

I keep all the information i need safe in my head.

T

The Monk

I keep all the information i need safe in my head.

sadly Ray the old brain plays tricks with you are you get older