Any tips for begginers carp fishing

davie

Reaction score
alex, i`m new to the world of carp fishing too. and ive found by reading lots of posts on here theres plenty to be learned but lots of helpfull tips to assist, good luck in your quest for carp, i got a new pb just the other day 17lbs 8 oz caught on a good old lump of cheese, i wish you luck.

T

The Monk

start by fishing some of the circuit waters and watch and talk to more experienced carp anglers, take note of baits and methods and particulaly locations, make sure you have all the essential items, forceps, unhooking mat, landing net of sufficient size and read as much as you can, lots of informative stuff on here and if you are not sure about anything then please ask, good luck, also dont neglect the margins and be quiet, watch what the locals do and respect their knowledge. Some local clubs have a carp section, it yours doesnt then join it, also consider joining a national organisation like the carp Society who organise many events for the inexperienced.

Foxy

Reaction score
have a look round the tackle shops or e-bay, you can pick up some pretty good tackle and not pay the earth for it. as monk says, dont be afraid to ask questions, most carp anglers are more than willing to help

F

Frothey

consider joining a national organisation like the carp Society who organise many events for the inexperienced.

not any more......

F

Frothey

carp society is more of a club for horseshoe and another couple of lakes these days, no real "scene" like there was in the late eighties/early 90's. most only join to fish the waters - not even a mag now

ECHO isn't really a carp organisation, its based around stopping illegal imports of all fish, and trying to find a cure for SVC.

Specihunter

Reaction score
start on small ponds and work your way up to the big pits. read magazines and fishing forums www.oxfordcarp.com is a good one for our area watch tv discovery realtime, skysports.Basically start simple and go from there

A

Alex Kimber

I WATCH DISCOVERY REAL TIME BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN ON ANY WEB SITES.

A

Alex Kimber

I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO LINEAR FISHERIES IS IT GOOD AND CAN YOU NIGHT FISH??

Foxy

Reaction score
You can night fish linears but at ?25 for 24hrs its pretty pricy. You might want to consider joining a club lake at about ?150 a year and you can do as many days / nights as you want

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Alex find a lake with some carp in, not neccessarly big,read up as much as you can, try to catch them and learn about the fish and the methods as you go along.Same goes for any chosen species really.

F

Frothey

total fishing was filmed quite a few years ago now - linear is very popular, so it can be hard to get a swim. the fish are also far wiser than they were back then, well at least in the non-roped off swims!

cracking fishing if you hit it right though.....

Specihunter

Reaction score
go to nellbridge farm good carp fishing and a good place to learn the basics as linear isn't the place for beginners