CLA Game Fair

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I've just heard that the Game Fair, scheduled for 27/28/29th July at Harewood House near Leeds has been cancelled due to the terrible weather.

This was a shame as I was looking forward to it.

M

MarkTheSpark

I don't really understand why they cried off, as Harewood's on top of a hill, as I remember. Ah yes, that will be the old profit motive, I guess.

They should have charged more for the welly and brolly franchises..

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Bit of a disappointment, as I was hoping to get over for it.

M

MarkTheSpark

So was I, Janet. I understand from my friends at emap, though, that it would have been the end of an era for Trout & Salmon magazine, which has been to every one since the year dot, but was this year banned from going due to cutbacks.

So in an odd way, the Game Fair being cancelled means T&S may have a reprieve, particularly if there is time enough for common sense to prevail.

keora

Reaction score
Mark, I live near Harewood House and I went there 12 days ago to get an advance ticket. Even then, the turf in front of the house was scarred and rutted, after a pop concert held the weekend that the monsoon started.

The rain has been so heavy that the fields haven't been able to dry quickly enough to allow thousands of exhibiters' vehicles to cross the fields without getting bogged down.

It's a pity it's cancelled. I went to the one four years ago and it was a good day out, with both coarse and game fishing.

There are now big "cancelled" notices on the main roads near the entrance to the House.