Anyone out there......

allan gand

Reaction score
Hi guys!!!!
Been a member a while but finally got round to introducing myself, Im a 35 year old avid barbel angler from Leeds,work for an precision engineering company and last year became a dad to twin boys so not much fishing done this season!!!!!!
Having fished the Swale for the last ten years or so with limted success I turned my attention to the Newton Kyme stretch of the Wharfe(half the distance from home). Fished a handful of times with barbel up to nearly 9lbs but still waiting for my first double,tall order I know but there are a few out there. Having lost my fishing buddy to that daft game with sticks and little balls(golf) just wondering if there is any local like minded guys who wanna join forces on the Wharfe to share secrets, pre bait swims, take pictures of big fish etc give us a shout and get in touch.
Hope to hear from some of you guys.
Tight lines
Allan

sam vimes

Reaction score
Allan,
if it's any consolation to you, some wait a lifetime for a Yorkshire double. Plenty never achieve it. However, it is always possible if you've a combination of time and perseverance. Failing that, a damned great dollop of luck comes in extremely handy.;)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Welcome Allan, theres nobody here to take your message now, ring back later:D