FM search engine

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I am not sure where this should go but I put it in 'General' anyway.

Would it be possible for the boffins to improve the search facilities on this site, which quite frankly, are not very good at the moment. It can be a nightmare trying to locate a specific review or article and sometimes even impossible, surely something could be done to improve this facility. I know there are thousands of threads, articles etc but that makes it even more important that these can be located.

What do you think Magicalia?

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Graham, can you be more specific? Tell me what you were looking for and then when I can't find it in a reasonable amount of time (assuming I can't that is) I can report the fault to the tech department.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I've found it difficult too to find things using the search engine

Graham --

Try looking for an article on say for instance 'KNOTS'

(and there have been some done on that subject -but they are impossible to find))

E

Evan

I had real trouble finding the articles on starting Pole fishing....

inputting Pole and starting didn't bring them up at all ! how search engines work etc is a mystery to me but one thing I do note is the lack of a combined / separate option. So presently you put in Pole and starting as I did, and you get all of the references to Pole + all references to the word starting. Not just those where both appear or with an option to confine it to those with both. If you follow me.... not sure I do now, but someone somewhere will know what I mean without getting into the complexities of requiring a boolean search engine protocol etc. Kiss kiss..... keep it simple stupid as they say.

Still the best forum tho !

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
It isn't one specific thing Graham it is a general comment, I have quite often looked for a particular review or article which I know is definitely on there but the search comes up as not found. Sometimes you aren't sure which section it is in as well and I have at times resorted to going through all the pages looking for a particular thing a lot of times without success, it gets frustrating. My thoughts were that just one search rather than a seperate search for each section would make things much simpler.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sorry chaps, I haven't used it for a while and it looks like you're right, it's gone breasts up. We're onto it.

M

Monica Stylli

Hello all,

As far as I know our Tech department are onto this and hopefully we will soon have a brand spanking new site search (which will work, we hope) - watch this space.

Monica
(FM Production)

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hello Monica ,you can have a cheap club card if you want.
Monk I beat you to it .

T

The Monk

Hello Monica, just run that spanking bit past me again luv?

T

The Monk

Monica, I hope you don`t think I`m being forward, but you are the most beautiful woman I`ve ever seen in my life

eeerr just thought I`d mention that

M

Monica Stylli

What's a cheap club card? Does that entitle me to a free rod of some sort? ;)

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Good god Monica, I'd have warned you if you'd told me you were going to post. Especially about the Monk.

M

Monica Stylli

Oh dear *hides in corner* - sorry Graham - I'll stop being cheeky and do some work :)

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

No, you carry on Monica, they'll be having a go at me if I tell you to stop posting.

T

The Monk

Ooooh well, Its a long story Monica, I`ll tell you about it sometime my sweet