Baitrunners

Skev

Reaction score
I've been saving for a couple of shimano 10000xtea's and finally have the cash but have heard good things about the fox stratos also and I'm now torn. Can anyone advise me which way to go please?

E

Evan

Hard to find anyone who has used both to give you an objective view I'm afraid.... the Shimanoistas tend to be dyed in the wool enthusiasts for the marque regardless of expense and shortcomings, the Fox on the other hand will tend to have been taken up by those who fell out of love with Shims for whatever reason and are similarly partisan the other way.

Me ? personally used neither so I wouldn't venture an opinion. (Now there's a first for this forum !)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I would'nt buy the shimano's due to the line twist, which to be fair is a lot better than the old model.

Fox is a heavy reel, but as it is on the rests thats not a problem.

On a personal note I would go for the Diawa Emblems 5000 and get the spool convertions, you will have some change also.

mogs

Reaction score
The fox Stratos 10000E is allot lighter and at 50 quid from climax is a good buy have one myself have also 35000 shims fox better.

P

pugwash

shimano baitrunners .they are a line twisting nightmare go for big pits.