lower severn

S

steve rowen

can any body give me advice on good areas of the lower Severn. I have had some good barbel fishing at Bewdley and would like to target the bigger fish of the lower Severn. I own a B.A.A card

S

Stewart Bloor

Steve, the middle Severn is great for shoal fish and you can really bag up on 5-6 lb fish, as I'm sure you've done. But the Lower Severn produces the biggies. It also produces blanks as well !! Try any of the BAA stretches, they're all worth a try.

S

Stewart Bloor

Carp, stick around Paul Williams, you'll soon find out. In fact going fishing with Paul really makes you feel good.

G

Goose Ganderton

Now I know that you are not a Carpexclusive CP otherwise you would know what a blank is, cause i spose you may fish those horrid little Carp puddles.

C

Carp Angler

If you mean holes dug in the ground by a farmer and stuffed with 2lb carp, yeah i fish those, normally for the massive perch that they hold.
Unless I'm taking a newcomer to the sport and they think those places are fantastic, blanking for the first 5 trips does not hold peoples interest.
Show them what they can catch and how to do it and they'll stay in the sport.
They can then make up their own minds on what and where to fish.

If you mean underfished, 30 year old, mature gravel pits with a low stock of resident old fish then yeah, I fish those too.

Do I blank? yeah lots.
Do I catch? yeah lots too.
Do I enjoy myself whatever I'm doing?
You bet your ass I do, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

P

peter webber

When I started fishing I had no one to show me the ropes. I had 6 fishless trips on the river medway just down from maidstone, but I stuck to it and when I did catch my first fish that was it for me. I was well and truly hooked