Fishing Waters around Essex, Herts & Kent

J

Jeff Sears

A couple of years ago, whilst browsing through a local tackle shop I asked the unit behind the counter about local fisheries he could recommend. After him telling me of about 3 supposedly brilliant 'bag up' waters (strangely, all of course he had a vested interest in) I stopped staring out of the window and spied a small box on his display that contained about 6 copies of a book by a guy called Paul Norris (who I understand is a rep for one of the big supply companies). It turns out that this guy, whilst on his travels had noted details of over 100 day ticket waters in and around Essex. This was manner from heaven for me as I was recapturing my youth and taking up our wonderful pastime after many years in exile, but could now drive wherever my fancy takes me.
I spent many happy evenings visiting the waters described in his book and re-discovering the thrill of being able to plan days at a venues I had never visited before, armed with the information contained in my 'bible', having a good idea that I would catch.
Anyway the crux of my thread is that he has now brought out a second version of the book and this time has expanded the areas covered to Essex, Hertfordshire and Kent. It contains over 180 day ticket fisheries, costs around ?8.00 and I can heartily recommend anyone in and around the area to invest in this book.I have been informed that Paul has had to spend most of his own money and time putting together this 2nd edition and I feel that it deserves publicising to a much wider audience.It is printed by Diamond Press Ltd (01245 401092.
Sorry this is so long. But I feel that this deserves 'credit, where credit is due' status.
Tight Lines,
Jeff Sears.

D

David Will

Nice one Jeff I recall the last one , I used to flick through it Oxhey Angling.I will get a copy. Cheers