Summer Footwear

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Funny time to be posting this I guess but I just wondered what footwear people wear in the summer. Pesonally I hate trainers with a deep passion but boots [of any sort] I find are often too hot.

Any recommendations ? I am thinking here of hard summer ground where mud/wet isn't really an issue.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Very stylish Derek...but they would clash with my velvet trotting jacket.

The Skeetex look a bit hot Jerry. I can't be doing with hot.

Not hot in summer Skippy - I believe they even say so in the review which is pretty accurate IMO.
Jerry

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
How about something like this -

18906990_l.jpg
or this
18316490_l.jpg

These surely can't be too 'hot'? Excellent walking shoe with (first one) Goretex lining, it's what I'll be wearing next spring/summer/earlyautumn. And not that expensive if you know where to look for them.....

Last edited:

redfin123

Reaction score
the best boots ive had are army surplus desert boots, i ware them all the time in summer they are light comfy and cool.

mol

Reaction score
I'm another croc wearer but they have two major bad points, they can be slippy when it's muddy and aren't the best for climbing very steep sections of bank. However, the fact that they're incredibly comfortable, let my feet breathe and dry almost instantly mean I do the bulk of my fishing in them. Oh, crocs more comfortable than the imitations