Which socks?

jasonbean1

Reaction score
about time...a proper which thread!

thought i was going to have to beg to get back on bfw again :eek:mg:

beerweasel

Reaction score
For Barbel anglers I would recommend just one long sock with a billiard ball in it. :D :w

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i was just about to post something then deleated it at the last moment!

good job....would fred, steve and rich seen the funny side of scrotum, bs, bum fluff, poodles and the new range of embossed socks worn by the inner sanctum gone down that well?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Got my barbel socks off E-Bay £5-00
They also do perch ones cheaper £2-76p
Also other species socks but depends on what your after

Reaction score
Stop fibbing Del! We know who your sock dealer is...and he sells to slimy folk too...new members look in the archives for the first Blenheim write up! The sock market is a closed shop ...and the boys will be round if anybody starts muscling in!!

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
"JEEP" off ebay they are very warm and you can get away fast in them when the barbel bickering gets rough.:p

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Difficult to decide which to recommend really . . . . . . .

Ideally you want something that is thick, and of a neutral colour so that it melts into the background easily, something not too abrasive, although that is difficult to find around here when the word Barbel is mentioned!

Also, at the end of said sock's useful life it needs to be easily adapted into a 'sock puppet' and then again we seem to have rather a lot of those around here lately too . . . . . . . .

gingerbeard

Reaction score
I was at the point of giving up on these forums, but at last a sensible thread.

Yes, depends on the season, but if anyone has a "range" store in their area, they (believe it or not!) sell thermal socks. Very very warm, but thankfully not too sweaty.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Stop fibbing Del! We know who your sock dealer is...and he sells to slimy folk too...new members look in the archives for the first Blenheim write up! The sock market is a closed shop ...and the boys will be round if anybody starts muscling in!!

Ah fell for my cunning trap Poshers - I knew the innocent mention of socks would bring out the stories of Blenheim, well you ahve nothing on me I tell you NOTHING, but I've plenty on those Blenheim boys and their sock antics:D:wh:rolleyes:;)

Fred - just suppose I wanted to buy, as a Christmas present a pair of socks for each member of the BS how many pairs would I need and is this more or less than a few years back

see what I did there chaps, watch and learn, I didn't ask about BS numbers directly but carefully set a trap for Fred

ps Fred can you also mention the number of one legged members of the BS as this will effect the number of pair of socks I buy

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Difficult to decide which to recommend really . . . . . . .

Ideally you want something that is thick, and of a neutral colour so that it melts into the background easily, something not too abrasive, although that is difficult to find around here when the word Barbel is mentioned!

Also, at the end of said sock's useful life it needs to be easily adapted into a 'sock puppet' and then again we seem to have rather a lot of those around here lately too . . . . . . . .

I thought this was about "socks" and a bit of light humour...but if you want to change it to sock puppets no problem. As there have been many on FM for years won't be to difficult...so please start the ball rolling Peter:)

Kindest regards
Ray

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Continued to try and hand them to you on a plate Fred.

Unless...

"Ideally you want something that is thick, and of a neutral colour so that it melts into the background easily, something not too abrasive, although that is difficult to find around here when the word Barbel is mentioned!"