Which Gloves???

Reaction score
My neoprene gloves have ripped and are now pretty useless.

With sub zero temperatures winter barbel fishing can be pretty cold. Can any one recommend a good pair of gloves?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
I had the Ron Thompson crosswater from Go Outdoors in the half price sale last year, they're good enough for me. If you have a local store, they stock about seven different types so you could try them on.

If you're Barbel fishing try ADIDAS KOMBAT LACE GLOVE in the 8oz size :D.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
If you're Barbel fishing try ADIDAS KOMBAT LACE GLOVE in the 8oz size
Might help stop him with another problem he has. ;)

Just had a look around because I haven't bought any new gloves for over 10 years now. Best deals appear to be on Ebay of all places, Sundridge always were a good product, but whether you want fingered or fingerless is another matter. I you buy full fingered gloves you can cut the fingers off, you can't sew on fingers if you don't have them to start with.

Do you need neoprene? I rather like the description of some camo ones by Pro Logic.

Never wear gloves, not even kid
No gloves, no shoes, no britches, Fred? What a hard life you had, but it made you the man you are ...... hard! ;) :D

caesarson

Reaction score
I have been using the sundridge ones for my river fishing this year. They have worked well. But can take a little while to dry if you have chinned a fish out

terry m

Reaction score
I always struggle with the balance of tight gloves (to retain feeling) and so tight that your hands seem colder with gloves on.

As yet I have not found the real solution.

Does anyone remember the little hand warmers that were available in the 70's? Are they still available?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I always struggle with the balance of tight gloves (to retain feeling) and so tight that your hands seem colder with gloves on.

Does anyone remember the little hand warmers that were available in the 70's? Are they still available?

You could always put your hands in a nice warm muff - might get the fur wet when fishing though

dangermouse

Reaction score

Don`t remember the ones from the 70s but Zippo do handwarmers that run on lighter fuel. Saw quite a few on e-bay the other day.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've always found gloves too restrictive (sealskinz and neoprene don't do it for me - woolen forget it ) I generally let my hands go 'au naturel' with a smearing of vaseline and have a couple of 'Hot Pads' in my pockets and stick my hands in when need be.
Jerry