floating dog mixes

Lord Paul

Reaction score
What ho chaps

Last night I tried using some gravy mix in the water I used to dampen the dog mixes I was fishing with - gave them a nice beef gravy smell - got the carp taking them well off the top and then when their confidence was up I hooked a nice mirror of about the 10lb mark, and another of around 5lb.

I can't be the only one to have tried this - have those of you who have tried this - has this improved your catch rate?

Tally Ho

T

The Monk

dont know about that MeLud, but we do a few floating dogs in the local cut and they seem to attract the pike and the rats

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Do you try for the pike with a Yorkshire Terrier on the sink and draw method?

Tally Ho

Lord Paul

Reaction score
By the way this is NOT in bait box so it's a serious thread - I know I don't contribute many(if any ) serious threads

Tally Ho

M

MarkTheSpark

Marmite's the thing, m'lud. Yet to come across a cat, dog or any other animal that won't get stuck into Marmite, and fish are the same. Oddly, it's only some humans who seem to hate it...

Dissolve a few spoons in water, pour over biccies in a strong carrier bag. allow to soak into biccies, then freeze for most rubbery effect (when defrosted, that is)