Freezer baits

InteraX

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm going fishing on Friday and was looking at using some freezer boilies. (Mailine Fusion)

Should these be thawed out before use? If so, for how long?

I was also looking at using some of the fusion past over these to break up the shape of the boilies and release some scent quicker. Does this come from the freezer and if so, the same as above.

Any other advice you can give me on this would be welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

Matty C

Reaction score
you can defrost them chris, but theres no harm, could even be argued that it does some good infact to use them from frozen.. they will most likely defrost quite quick once in the water, so will release lost of juice when they do defrost.. As far as paste goes, I dont know where you would get it from.. if it is frozen, obviously it will need thawed first so you can mould it.. I never tend to use bait addatives from tackle shops, but like to experiment myself with stuff from super markets.. Shrimp paste has caught me some decent fish smeared on a small pva bag of pellets n crushed boilies.. marmite too, although bovril might be better.. have had fish on pva bags smeared with golden syrup before..

just takes some imagination really.. think about what kind of things fish like i.e. some salty things and some sweet things, and think about what stuff there is that meets these criteria