pole elastic

rob marsh

Reaction score
hi fellas, i have just got back into match fishing, my problem is i read alot about fitting elastics to top 2's but what in your apinion is the perfect length of a top 2 assuming you are to fit 18-20 bi core, at the moment i am using the top three of my beast master margin but it seems like there is too much elastic in it the tip isnt cut down that far about 12" any advice chaps
ROBSTER

Waveney One

Reaction score
I find that you don't need so much hollow elastic in the tops as you do with solids. I don't know how long the top 3 of your pole is but I would say about 6 feet is quite long enough unless you are fishing totally snag free waters for lumps.

stikflote

Reaction score
mmm
18,20 bi core in a margin pole, ,and yet you would think anyone such as me with a shoc stik is a criminal, you need your elastic thru two sections set fairly tight ,you dont want a loose 6ft stretch it first ,you do get a lot more stretch with hollow elastics

rob marsh

Reaction score
hey stikflote, there nothing wrong with usung a shoc stik ive used a 1 3/4lb carp rod before down south on a fisherie, mind you they were lumps. thanks for the reply. robster

G

Ged

I've always gone with top two.
Tried top tree but elastic stretched far too long and had to have long pole stuck up in the air to net the fish. Which could carreer of at leisure. More control with top two.

Reaction score
No need to use hollow elastics in my totally honest opinion. The extra stretch in them can cause loss of control & is a big no-no if any snags are present (such as platforms over the water!). Tightening a hollow elastic makes the use of them completely negated as they are not designed to be tightened up.
A solid latex elastic is just as forgiving, yet maintains better control over hooked fish.