Waggler aestetics

mrizzone

Reaction score
Hello! Is the first time i see a waggler :)
IMG_6373.JPG

Which type of thread is used for the decoration?

flightliner

Reaction score
Its difficult to see if they are Wagglers or not, I've never seen one with whippings on them like the ones you have submitted. Any chance of a bigger picture, then maybe it would be easier to comment on in a more positive manner.By the way----- welcome to the site.

Red Army

Reaction score
These might very well be floats use in Japan and other places in Asia. Not really wagglers then rather long (very long) decorated sticks.

beerweasel

Reaction score
They are just too nice to use, I wouldn't fish within a hundred yards of an Alder in case of losing one.
Diamante tipped Avons ? :eek:

mol

Reaction score
I've been making floats just recently, I'm very new to it all. I started because of the lack of stick floats available locally.

I've had similar results, although not quite as professional, using fly tying silk thread. To get the high gloss finish where the individual threads disappear and appear as a single band of colour then it's multiple coats of varnish that are required, the base of threads needs to be very tight or you'll get gaps. For some reason I get better results using dark threads rather than light, I have no idea why.