Fujifilm Finepix S5700 Digital Camera

Reaction score
i was going to buy a new camera a few months ago but i got a new rod instead it is now only a week till my holls is this one of the better camera i could expect to buy for about ?150 .00 or is there something better cheers guy

W

Wolfman Woody

I've seen its predecessor Brendon, a friend bought one, and it looks like a good value camera. I have an Fuji A303 bought 5 years ago (?270), but it's served me well.

Question I have, if anyone knows these cameras, can you fit a screw mount filter to the lens, e.g.: a polarizing filter or starburst or soft focus etc...?

E

Evan

If you want an SLR style format large bodied digital it seems hard to beat, but also the small format beasties are pretty damned good these days, especially as the slip in the pocket type are more "holiday friendly" and not forever banging around your neck as the extra and weighty friend you never knew you had and didn't want....

See Novatech, I know they are computer suppliers but also pretty hard to beat on the digital camera front, plus best warranty service ever over the years....

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a596x1y0z1p0s0n0m128

Decent price on the S5700:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?FUJ-S5700

and in the smaller format hard to beat
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/products/a596x1y0z1p0s0n0m1

- their own clone, pocket sized, 5.1 mp and at under ?45 a snip, and lots less heartbreak if the holiday handbag snatcher gets it.

As someone more knowledgeable about these things pointed out to me unless you are a professional photographer or going to blow your pics up to poster size then the human eye can't really tell the difference between a 3 mp picture and a 4, 5 or 10 mp pic.... the law of diminishing returns and square root maths and all that. Like sound, doubling the number doesn't double the volume and / or picture quality. Very different below 3 mp, 2 mp obviously and visibly better than 1 mp pic etc, but above 3.... he advised me to save my money.

Mind you, he was trying to sell me a Fuji FinePix 2400Z....! which he did and which has given sterling service ever since with no regrets - and at only 2.1 mp. But with a v v good quality lens optical zoom.... another key to quality, optical zoom means all of that CCD and all the pixels you paid for are being used, and not just a small percentage of them.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got the FinePix S3000,great little camera.

Woody,I don't think you can.

E

Evan

Am I right in thinking that there is a definite feeling that the Fuji's have established themselves as the most cost effective / quality and user friendly range for ordinary folks when it comes to digital cameras ? Like the Pentax ME Super used to be for 35mm film.....

P

pugwash

got the s9600 super camera can pick up now for about ?220

M

MarkTheSpark

Snatch their hand off, Brendan. It's a pretty good camera. For a start, it doesn't take poncey rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries - just AA size pencells, in rechargeable or any other kind.

Secondly the lens is pin sharp. Thirdly it's of a size that you can actually hold; I hate those things the size of a matchbox with buttons you can barely operate with your fingernail. The Fuji S5700 is a camera that is a doddle to get really good pictures from.

Reaction score
cheers guys i think ill get the s5700 bit old fashioned i like a camera i can hold wot i do like about this one is the zoom on it i wont be taking any photos of butterflys but i might wont to take one off the kids when they are far away

alan

Reaction score
ive got the s5500. great cameras.

yes you can buy lenses, i think its a 55mm mount.

captain carrott

Reaction score
i've got and s7000 and you can fit an adapters to that jeff.
which takes a couple of add on lenses and filters

Reaction score
Great little cameras if you don't need full SLR functions. Fast focusing and shutter speed compared to the S7000. In all honesty the S5700 is UNDERPRICED compared to what the S7000 used to sell for.