Foot & Mouth In Surrey!

Born Again Fisher

Reaction score
Neil - let's hope the plans they made as a result of closing the stable door after the last horse bolted - make it easier to contain this time ...

I wasn't fishing during the last outbreak - what was the impact?

Cheers
Graham

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Lots of areas "out of bounds" and very restricted access. I'm old enough to remember previous "national" epidemics and that meant we couldn't get anywhere near our rivers and lakes for months.

Not a good thing for the rural community let alone anglers.

keora

Reaction score
I just wonder what British farmers are doing to get a second outbreak in 6 years. Do we have low standards of animal upkeep? Or is it that farmers and officials in other EU countries connive to cover up their own incidents of the disease?

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I was working throughout North/East Yorkshire during the last outbreak and with some of the conditions that cattle were kept/transported in I'm only surprised it didn't happen much sooner.

E

Evan

Sh*t sh*t and sunny bl***y sh*t....
Greetings from the Guildford area. The weather finally improves and then this. That'll be the towpaths and all closed again.... sheesh.

What is the main source of F&M anyway ? foreign animal transfers ? foreign food imports ? if so then the proximity of Guildford to Gatwick may not be a coincidence. Bu***r bu***r bu***r.

Sorry for the farmers tho, many of them only just recently got back on two feet after the last outbreak. Imagine having it happen to you twice in those circumstances, heartbreaking.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I think it was substandard animal feedstuffs Evan.

G

Ged

Last F&M outbreak started in Northumberland on a Pig farm. Blamed on animal feed. How the hell did it spead across the whole country?
Is it animal feed agin?
Where is the feed coming from?
Lastly, why the UK? I know EU countries hate us, but you never hear of outbreaks on the continent! And they do have it.