peelet waggler

rob marsh

Reaction score
guys,
how do you fish a pellet waggler: what depth is the norm, soft pellet or banded on the hook and which make of pellet wagglers are the best in your apinions

B

BIG N

HI Rob
I've found that anything from 6 inches to 4 feet works for me,you have to adjust to what depth the fish are taking at.
Feed 8mm hard pellets and fish the same on a hair rigged band. If the pellets drilled use a gate latch needle and pull the band into the pellet or just fit the pellet into the band.
I seem to find the styro foam type wagglers work best for me. They don't come with any weight on them so they don't 'dive' so deep and are fishing quicker. Mine come from Shakespeare Superteam angler Dave Brittain (dave@brittain55.fsnet.co.uk)and you get 6 for ?12 delivered in sizes 4aa,5aa,3ssg,7aa and 4ssg.
To set up i tie a loop in the mainline (3 or 4lb maxima)then tie 2 more loops in the first loop to form a boom thread the float on and put some shot either side of the float so it grips on 2 bits of line so is less likely to ping off with the repeated casting.
Now attach a small link swivel to the end loop and fit the hooklength to that.
I tend to feed 3 or 4 pellets then cast if nothing 'hits' within 30 secs i feed again and draw the float into the feed if nothing takes in 30 secs i start the process again.
Its a busy method but one i get on with being a river angler.

Its a bit long winded but i hope this helps Rob, any problems drop me a line

Neil