have I lost it

T

trev matthews

At the weekend I sat between my friend on the left (blind and does everything by touch) and a chap on my right with a deckchair and a bag of bread. I sat there with all my match fishing knowledge and skills and I got absolutely mullered by both of them. Have I lost the will to fish or will I just try harder next time.

Has anyone else had days like that ? and what did you do about it?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
maybe you are trying just TOO hard, fishing should be a relaxation, the deckchair and a bag of bread guy has gone back to simple stuff, the fish these days seem to like simple stuff, it has worked for 300 years or more, maybe the match approach is too much for the swimwise fish.

I have only been fishing a year now, and the more I have complicated the fishing the less I catch, I often go back to a simple leger rig and some sweetcorn and have a better day.

I would stop trying and just enjoy the day, any fish are a bonus

T

trev matthews

You know what guys I went back to the same place and just took the basics. I didnt empty the lake but I had a great time. I even helped a lady who was struggling land her PB carp of 15lbs. She was sat with her rod propped up on a Mr Crabtree style forked stick and she was using a huge chunk of three day old spam directly on the hook fished with a 3/4 oz running leger. Kinda brings it all home what fishing is all about.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good on you Trev, as you know, I get me arse whooped all the time ;-)

It's not all about catching.

Stick with it mate!