a river runs through it, value??

keith rid

Reaction score
wondered if anyone knew if a 1st edition of the book " a river runs through it" was worth much? I am not a book person and don't know a lot about them, but this was published in 1976 by the university of chicago, with a blue cover. Thanks in advance, don't expect to "get rich quick" but you never know!

keith rid

Reaction score
thanks , but it isn't any of them, as it has a totally different dustsheet/cover, which is pale blue and features a mountain and a river....i think it must be an early or 1st edition.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
If it is an absolute first print first edition in fine condition then a great deal of money otherwise not a lot. I searched bookfinder.com finding over 400 results from ?2 to over ?600. It is only the first editions that fetch good money so check the title page where you should find evidence or otherwise of reprints, later edition dates etc.

keith rid

Reaction score
there appears to be no other dates ....or reprints etc...maybe I am onto a winner??..baited breath (excuse the pun) time....Thanks, keith.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
All I can advise is that you check carefully the descriptions in bookfinder.com on the ones at the end where the values go sky high to see whether your copy matches their descriptions. Then tread carefully if it proves one of the true 1st editions. remember the prices shown are dealer prices not necessarily what you'd get for it.

keith rid

Reaction score
well, it is hard to assess when the sellers don't include a photo. I've looked a bit more into this and it seems it COULD be the 1 Fred has found. I found a similar (looked exactly the same) one with the blue cover etc for sale at ...wait for it here $1000 US. Another place wanted even more. I have listed it on Ebay.com and will await big bids (or not), starting 5 pm US.
Will keep you up to date!

T

trev matthews

theres been a lot of things recently that a river has run through and their not very valuable now.... unless you have insurance and then you will have to argue with your insurers to get anything back