River fishing

Knotty

Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of the carp methods are starting to be used on my local river,ie:(bite alarms).
I have recently gone back to river fishing due to the boardom of sitting around a still carp water waiting for the alarm go off.
What it bugging me is that my river is fast flowing even when not in flood,And all you here is the debri hitting the line and beep,beep,beep,beep.
To those of you who use this method, do 99% of the river anglers a favor turn the damm thing down.

T

The Monk

back in the early 70s we used to use Heron bite alarms for barbel fishing, the tention was adjusted to suit the current, but not many anglers used them for barbel in those days, yes It can be annoying though, especially when the angler has them set too loud and is always allowing them to go off because of poor adjustment

J K

Reaction score
I find a lot of the fun when fishing for barbel is the anticipation of that wrap round, when and if it comes, so sitting holding the rod is part of it. I can however appreciate if someone is night fishing then a bite alarm can be an extra aid, but then I've never fished during the night.