I need to live a long time

S

Stewart Bloor

I have that many things I want to do in angling but so little time to do it in. The oldest guy in the Bible was Methuselah, he lived to be 969. I think I would at least get some way towards my targets. Fishing 3 times a week for 969 years..that's..mmm..where's my calculator? It's a lot anyway !!
Mind you, Noah lived to be 950. And just think, 40 days in a floating bivvie, surrounded by nothing but water.....Heaven on earth...

Alan Roe

Reaction score
And as you fish for both fish and men you have the best of both worlds.
No I am not being sarky I have been known to preach the odd sermon myself...

C

Carp Angler

Sedge an Alton Towers bear.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

A

Alan Cooper

Too right Sedge. Right now I'm cursing and bemoaning all those wasted years I didn't go fishing. God, have I got some catching up to do! There are those that say that Methusaleh's great age was calculated on the Moon cycle - which would mean that he wasn't such an old 'un as all that. But the years march on regardless - I'll even give up smoking next so that I can continue to fish!

S

Stewart Bloor

Carp, haven't you got anything better to do than follow me around the Net tonight?
I'll have last laugh on Friday, mind, when I nick your swim on the Lower Severn. After I've removed all the cones from round it, of course.
I think we should explain about the bear bit, before anybody gets some funny ideas...There was a mail posted on another Forum by someone asking if I was the Stewart Bloor who used to be an Alton Towers Bear. Well, of course, I deny all knowledge. IT WASN'T ME.....
Alan, I'm interested in your Church background (mail me off line if you like). I think we need some Christian wholeness on the Forum, to dilute some of these pagans like Carp.Last time he went to Church, he took money out of the collection.

C

Carp Angler

I've been hosting my sons 2nd birthday party today.
Playing party games and feeding eleven 2 to 4 year olds.
I've just spent the past 3 hours calming my two kids down and trying to tidy the place up.
I'm venting my frustrations.

Alton Towers, ha ha ha

See ya Friday.........

J

John Tait

Talking of Alton Towers . . . . . .

Some cracking carp there, IF you can get at 'em. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other monsters as well !!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sedge around for 969 years - now there's a thought........

J

John Tait

"Sedge around for 969 years - now there's a thought"

Please, Graham - DON'T think it !!

P

paul williams

I reckon he put that bear suit on just so he could get at those Carp! he will do anything for a double!

A

Alan Cooper

Sedge, I am about as unlikely a Churchman as you would not expect to meet. It has been this way since at aged 10 I was publicly accused at Sunday School for "leading others astray." The crime was to ask too many questions. Still, it was good fun then, but fishing is better. Blessings be upon you!