Anyone see the bizarre letter

Blunderer

Reaction score
A guy explains how his wife spends lots of time away and he suspects she is having an affair. Then he explains how he does not believe she has been with friends as he never sees the taxi. So, to enable him to spy on his wife he piled all his tackle up against the side of the garage to he could hide and watch all the way down the road for when she returns.

He then concludes that he broke the tip of his barbel rod doing it and ask how to get it repaired.

It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen in the Angling Press!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Have'nt seen the letter, but it sounds very much a joke, if I remember rightly, I think it was Wol who put a post on the forum about him hiding behind a car when he thought his girlfriend was having an affair !!!.

captain carrott

Reaction score
he was seeing a princess till he burned his old man on the exhaust pipe.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Funny old story that was.
Anyone see the one were Lees Swords is advocating the stocking of pasties in all our river systems,I think he said he is going to take up golf if he cant catch a net of F1 ,s on the Trent next time out.

honslow

Reaction score
I personally thought that was the funniest thing I've ever proof read in the paper. Left me giggling for at least an hour!
Definitely a joke IMHO. And a good one too. Had to have a good laugh when I read it again on Monday morning!

honslow

Reaction score
Blunderer, my take was that he noticed he'd broken his barbel rod while hiding to spy on his missus and that immediately became far more of a concern than what she might be up to!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
AT caption writers have also succeeded in re-routing the Dorset Stour via the Bridge Pool!

(Bowler's photo on p35)

Lord Paul

Reaction score
BTW I read the letter in the AT in the shop and put the paper back - sorry but after the last couple of weeks I've given up on the AT - it's been said many times on here but it's the same articles rehashed over and over again

Tally Ho

njb51

Reaction score
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

F

Fred Bonney

Glad to see, your not a hard working student anymore Jonny! ;o)

njb51

Reaction score
Infact, I think it should be classed as the weekend! Three day weekend......Who's with me?