halibut/sardine paste

malc donaldson

Reaction score
After reading a a story in a monthly fishing magazine about making your own paste i gave it a go...sardines/halibut pellets/olive oil/3 eggs/ --put the pellets in a blender and reduce to powder--tip back in to a bowl -put the sadines in and add the 3 eggs and blend up for 30 seconds -then put the halibut powder back in and add 2 table spoons of olive oil -spin for 30 seconds -take out and roll up with your hands for a minute or 2...tried it at Larford-maver lakes and hit fish every couple of minutes up to 5lb ....mix the same up for cupping in but add plenty of water and stir it up and you will see the water come alive..

malc donaldson

Reaction score
The paste i made was as big as a grapefruit,and when i pinched a peice off, it stayed on the hook even on a feeder..i put some in the feeder with a few maggots just to help push it out but was truly brilliant to try and believe me you will see the water swirl up when you throw some slop in...try it with 2/3/or even 4 eggs and you will soon get the feel for how firm you want it...the olive oil will help preserve it and make it more pliable.....

F

Frothey

try a tin of tuna and a pack of Sonubaits paste mix. just mash up the tuna in its oil and keep adding the paste till you get the consistency you want.

malc donaldson

Reaction score
Good one Frothey,ill have a go using that.....will try it on my carp in garden pool to see if they will dine on this first.