badger semtex bait boats

J

Jon Read

anyone know anything about them?
price and how good they are

J

Jake Lewis

An arm and a leg?

Sorry, poor taste but I couldn't resist. Are you sure that's the real name? I've never heard of a boat made of or by Semtex.

B

bat man

Jon
They are about ?199 and very good.
i have only seen proto type but looks good

yours

BATMAN!!!!!

C

Craig w

I hope badger don?t bring out a "cheap" bait boat as this means everyone will be buying them which is not a good idea in my eyes.
On some small waters here bait boats are a real problem and they and not needed, I had not seen any trouble or arguments on the bank side for a very long time until the boats came out, Many people who have boats seem to think they can just steam off to the other side or any part of the lake or any position within radio range without the thought for other anglers & how far the fish will run sideways with lots of line out. I often see anglers using boats to place bait within 20yards of where they are standing in open water? A very easy cast distance, why use them then? I also have seen tangles & very unhappy anglers a few times last year at different venues due to poor boat use.

but.........

I?m not saying that everyone uses them this way, and they DO have some very good uses. I own a viper myself, and I only use it when fishing methods will not be able to present the bait, such as a spot to far away to cast or out of spod reach, I also use it for putting a pike bait a long out as well if needed.

I think people should learn to use the tackle they have for the right situation.
A boat is a valuable addition to any angler?s kit if not abused, its quite and very good for tight bait presentation (particles!) but I do feel that if it doesn?t need boating use your rods, if you cant get your baits in nice group around the hook close up then more practice will get you the resaults you want rather than just buying a boat and taking the "easy i cant be bothered to learn to cast route which many boat owners i have met seem to have.

so i think if it impossible to present without the boat, then use it, other wise practice casting will get you on target, you can practice in a field you dont have to thrash the water, and dont just buy a boat to fit in with the tarts & the 'gotta have one crew'