Hi All

Y

Yeahnah

As you dont seem to have a new members area I thought that I would post a quick hello!!
Just spent a informative hr surfing the site ( lots and lots more reading to do here ).
Any qustions on nz fishing just ask.

M

Maggot

Hi, welcome to the site,
Its a great friendly site with lots of decent anglers from all sections of the sport.

welcome again, no doubt well hear from you again in the forums etc.

Tell us a bit about yourself and your fishing in NZ

tight lines

:eek:)

Yeahnah in NZ

Reaction score
Thanks.
Fishing in Nz ??? Well I am in wellington and can be found on one of our beachs most weekends... we will often head north to hawkes bay or the bay of plenty for long weekends or comps as well.

The wellington scene is pretty good with a very varied mix of fish around.

At this time of yr the main targets are smoothhounds and gurnards with cods ( red and blue ) plus things like rays congers kahawai also around .

The smoothhounds are a fair bit of fun esp the xos size ones we can get. A 4/5kg one is normal 10kg is getting there 15 plus is a blast.

Rays skates and congers while somtimes fun to catch are regarded as pests.

Deanos

Reaction score
Hi Mate, do you have any fish and chip shops near where you live?, and can me and all my relitives (10 of us I think) come for a free holiday. The part of NZ that you live in, is it anything like Cleethopes in England with bingo, donkeys and stuff?.

Welcome to the site, and dont enter any of the competitions, they are all fixed and only the greedy wig wearing owner of the site ever wins them!

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Welcome Yeaneah aye.
Had 3 weeks in NZ early last year .Not nearly long enough to get round it all! Came off the bluebridge in Welly just as the Rolling Stones had finished at the tin can.
Aunt & Uncle live up at Belmont, cousins live up the west side of Welly & down at Blenheim.

Yeahnah in NZ

Reaction score
Aye the cake tin is a fantastic venue!!!Your uncles not called Gary is he?

No bingo and donkeys sorry just miles and miles of coastline and rugby feilds LOL wellys population is @ 700,000 ( I remember being taken to blackpool when I was a kid and doing the donkey rides )

And mr Monk you a kiwi or from the western island?

Heading out tomorrow after wk after a smoothie or 10
Cheers Neil

T

The Monk

Hi Mate, not sure if I`m a Kiwi, but I am from the Western Island, well North Western Island actually, Manchester UK.

My mate Mark does a lot for the Australous Anguilla over in New Zealand and I have another mate Gary Hibbert who lives in Auckland, he left the UK back in the 70s and loves it out there

Yeahnah in NZ

Reaction score
I have been around the world twice and NZ is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We Kiwis ( nz locals ) refer to aussie as the western island.LOL

Auckland has some fantasic fishing as well lots of snapper and trevelly

Yeahnah in NZ

Reaction score
Yeah I have seen a few pics on www.coarsefishing.co.nz but have not tried catching any .....yet.Too many fish not enough time.
We quite often throw a pile of gear in the 4x4 and camp out over a weekend ( I have access though a few farms to fairly unfished coastline )