Drop bite indicators

A

Alex Kimber

how do you use and attach drop bite indicators with a bite alarm because i dont want to buy it if i dont know how to use it.

G

Gary Knowles

Alex - are you talking of a 'drop-off' type indicator used primarily for predator fishing ?

njb51

Reaction score
They usually have a hole at the end of a chain where you stick the screw thread of the bite alarm through, before screwing the bite alarm into the bank stick/pod. The other end of the chain is the indicator bit and has a line clip, into which you put your line.

see here

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Alex, thats not a drop off indicator.

What type of fishing are you doing?

njb51

Reaction score
I think that's what he meant, Nigel? An indicator to show drop back bites?

W

Wolfman Woody

Jonny's been out for a liquid lunch again! :eek:)

Perhaps it's more like this or, more simply, like this.

Those are Drop Off bite indicators.

A

Alex Kimber

whats the difference between tha straight metal ones and the chain ones . does it make a difference??

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

There the ones Jeff.

I think your best bet Alex is to tell us what you are fishing for and where, and others far more qualifeid than me can advise what you will need.

A

Alex Kimber

well im fishing for tench in a lake and i was talking to people and they had bite alarms and the drop off indicator things.ok

pcpaulh

Reaction score
You want some bobbins or swinger arms then! The ones which have been pictured are predetor style ones.

njb51

Reaction score
Now you have to explain the difference between the chain ones and the stiff arm ones.

I have to admit, I don't know.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
The stiff arm ones don't move in the wind and someone else will know the rest (Because I don't).

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

and if ya dont want to spend money then do as i do pinch a piece of bread on the line in front of the reel just enough to whiegh the line down let it rest about 6 inches off the deck then if a fish lifts the bait the bread will drop and if it runs it will fly off the line simple but efective and no resistance, but bit dodgy in wind.tight lines