Shimano Stradic GTM RA

S

Steve Eddy

Hi,I`m guessing the GTM_RB replaces the GTM_RA? Has anyone used the new model yet? I`ve noticed its cheaper than the old model,has it gone down market or still top quality?
Cheers Steve

S

Stevie 12345

Ive just bought the super GTM RB, spot on as far as im concerned.

S

Steve Eddy

Cheers Stevie,any idea what the difference is between the Stradic and the Super?They look pretty much the same to me?
Have any owners of the old Stradic GTM RA converted to the new Stradic GTM RB ? Has it been improved at all?Or is it worse ?
Cheers Steve

S

Stevie 12345

Im not sure to be honest, I know the stradic is slightly more expensive but ive been using the super GTM for a number of years and find them spot on.

S

Steve Eddy

The new stradic and super are priced the same now .

I`m using the Stradic GTM RA now Cakey,I was after another and saw the new(?) RB out.At least the new models are cheaper.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Ive got a Super gtm I think and it cost me 60quid but I love it. I think the stradics meant to be the next one up so it should be superb as the supers great anyway.

I

Ian Cloke

I've been considering buying a Shimano Super GTM-RA 2500, found one for ?45 HERE does anyone know if they can be bought for less though??

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Ian when I was looking for a 4000 (don't know if that would make a difference) the cheapest I could buy it for was ?55 at crimbo (I thought I'd spend the extra ?5 and get it from my tackle shop). Sounds a good deal.

Says there sold out now anyway Ian!

Beefster

Reaction score
I have 2 of the old Stradic gtm 4000's and after 8 ish years of use for almost all types of fishing from carp floaters, lures, quivering chub, light ledger work and float fishing, I thought i would replace them with the new model of same.

Could not fault the old ones apart from the silver finish which i got used too. The new one however does not feel as good IMO. Colour is even worse in a powder blue and silver /gold depending on the spool you use. The anti reverse switch is fiddly and a lot smaller.... handling and balance does not feel as good to me..... clutch is excellant tho.

I have had my old 2 reconditioned / overhauled instead of getting another one.