Inaccuracies

honslow

Reaction score
The guys on AM obviously need to read AT more clearly.
This week they've written about the proposed EU ban on lead, claiming that they exclusively revealed the story this June (two months or so ago).
Sorry to ruin the party guys, but AT covered it over two years ago! I can send you a PDF of the page if you want? It might give you some illustration ideas... Don't know how you'll make up the two years or so you're lagging behind us though!
And who spiked your Harrell story this week!?!!!
(And, yes, I am being bitchy but 'facts' are everything in this game!)

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Come on AM - stick a 20p pellet float on the front cover and incease sales by 10K

Tally Ho

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Talking of inaccuracies

Quote The guys on AM obviously need to read AT more clearly.
This week they've written about the proposed EU ban on lead, claiming that they exclusively revealed the story this June (two months or so ago).

June is more like a month or so ago not 2 month - that would be May

Tally Ho

honslow

Reaction score
Lol, lol, lol.
You know what I mean.
What, this isn't AM's website!!!! That means I've spent three years thinking it was!
Doh!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
AT factual?

Like last weeks caption about the Bridge Pool at Christchurch saying "I could have had a ton and still not dented the vast STOUR shoals".

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

They may have been long trotting around the corner about half a mile to the Clay Pool though Neil.

I think Greg needs to read the Campbell diairies as he has lot to learn about the dark arts of spin!

honslow

Reaction score
Spinning is rubbish (not the fishing technique, the other), intelligent punters can see right through spin and, as a result, resent it.
An incorrect pic cap that slips past the subs is one thing, blantantly talking total tosh is another.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
THat's not what you said at first you mentioned inaccuracies - and that's just what a wrong picture cap is

Tally Ho

F

Fred Bonney

What, this isn't AM's website!!!! That means I've spent three years thinking it was!

Funny thing is,the only person who mentions AM, is you Greg!

honslow

Reaction score
Alright Fred? Up for a slanging match?
Guess no one reads it then!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Fred old bean- I think he wants a job with the AM that's why he keeps plugging it

Maybe they have better freebies?

Tally Ho

F

Fred Bonney

I should think, no more than the AT,Greg.

As for a slanging match, just think of the last three threads you started.
Two about AT,one about the Sun!
Glasshouses, and people living in them, comes to mind!

T

Tony Rocca

Hes still a poor tortured soul is our Greg.

Couldn?t win a slanging match with a small child either :0)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"AT factual?

Like last weeks caption about the Bridge Pool at Christchurch saying "I could have had a ton and still not dented the vast STOUR shoals"."

Are you sure it wasn't the Trent???

honslow

Reaction score
Collingham or Hazleford?
Might be time to have another copy 'error' and drop the top 20 pegs at Hazleford in as a day ticket water in Where To Fish along with a lovely scenic taken from the footbridge.
I wouldn't have to win an argument with one small boy... I'd be too busy wetting my pants laughing as he spent the rest of the season running around like a headless chicken!
I don't live in a glasshouse Fred. I invested in a reinforced bunker ages ago cos of the likes of the Hazleford Mafia.
Anyway, we still wrote the story two years ago. Depends whether you want your news current or more stale than a three-year-old currant bun!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Greg,

Sorry to say mate, but AT need to sit down and take a bloody good long look at its self.

To many Ad's, yes you have to make money, but take a look.

Always putting other papers and Mags down, not need'ed.

Not giving most Anglers what they want, good read articles, forget your so called stars, there's better anglers on this forum.

Drop the same week in week out rubbish.

You may out sell other angling papers, but think of what you could sell without all the crap.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Greg,
We first ran a story on this at least a couple of years ago - i know because at the time i was a consultant for a company selling lead alternative products so took quite an interest in this subject - maybe your one was a follow-up to this?
Many of the things mentioned in our latest story and the one a month or two ago related to new developments with regards the ban on lead.
This has been going on for a few years now, mainly in other countries such as Spain - divers found large quantities of lead in a river fished by salmon anglers using break-offs - and also in Canada and the US where several states banned the use of lead.
I don't want to get into an argument, but if i sat down and went threough back issues of AT I'm sure i could find quite a few things that you had run several weeks or months after we did with a slightly different spin on it, and you could probably do the same.