Best Fishing Destination

G

Gary Knowles

Okay, for me I has to be Florida. The fishing is fantastic and varied, tackle and boats are easy to buy/hire. There is great coastal access and purpose built fishing piers and there are enough shops and swimming pools to keep the wife and kids happy. However, my missus wants to go somewhere different next year so we need a new destination.

Anyone been anywhere where the fishing and family go hand in hand on a family holiday. I need sun, sand, swimming pools but some good fishing as well...

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Fen, waters warm in summer months for a dip, services down road for shower.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Cuba? You can stay in a family resort but presumably organise days out fishing.I am not sure however whether the best areas for fishing are near the resorts.Would be worth a look though Gary.Some great bone and tarpon fishng although not cheap.

PS I think you have obvioulsy spoilt the missus.She needs a couple of weeks in Skeggy and Florida will appear much more attractive next year.

G

Gary Knowles

Been to cuba. The fishing was pretty good but hard to get access. hiring boats/cars is really difficult and access to the coastal areas where I could cast a line or two (remember I sneak out of the complex for a few hours each day) were pretty few and far between.

keep going...

W

Indian Ocean mate, must off been 5 times now, love it.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

That was my experience 6/7 years ago Gary but things have not changed much it would seem.Still caught a Tarpon of....3lb!Some big mothers though rolled near the boat.One day I will go back.

The Maldives have some great fish but strictly for the divers I think.Certainly fishing on the resort islands was limited when I looked into it.

W

Done Maldives last two years, not really a fishing destination and certainly no fishing from the islands. Superb diving/snorkelling though.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I shall be off to Denmark in october armed with my fishing tackle and presents and this that and the other for my son, his wife and three children. The fishing is good but the real bonus will be the couple of weeks with the members of my family from that neck of the woods.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Skeleton Coast in Namibia -- or Hemingways in Kenya

The fishing is brilliant ...

Or the Gulf Coast side of Florida around Sanibel Island and Captiva Island (near to Fort Myers)

G

Gary Knowles

"Gary, try above Preston and below Ribchester"

What and spend my holiday with three-quarters of the FM guys !!!!!!

G

Gary Knowles

"if i suggested Denmark shed cut my conkers off Why? "

Its like this love, I've decided against taking you to India, Kenya, Florida, Cuba and Mexico, the Seychelles didn't tick all the boxes, and the Maldives fishing isnt as good as it used to be. Mauritius is OK but slightly out of Marlin season and the Gambain coast isnt producing the same numbers of snapper as in previous years.

a log cabin in Denmark OK?.....

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Gary, you need to learn the art of managing expectations!

W

She loved the log cabin when i took her last year whilst you were sea fishing in Ireland.........