Centrepin Lube

S

Steve Eddy

I`ve just been cleaning my reels down and putting new line on.When it came to my pin straight forward enough to clean but what lube should I use.Will my shimano reel lube suffice or does it require something a bit thicker? And what bits need it?
Thanks Steve

InteraX

Reaction score
There was a guy who made his own reels at one of the shows last year. (I think it was the carp society bash at Sandown) He was selling 2 types of oil. Lew Lub X and XXX. The X is for trotting reeals/pins. I've done a quick search on the web but can't find it. Can't remember his name though.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

and probably the same stuff .....(with his label on it)

captain carrott

Reaction score
and probably the same stuff .....(with his label on it)

i wouldn't dare suggest such a thing!

S

Steve Eddy

shimano reel lube is different stuff then? just it would seem a waste to go buy sewing machine oil when the other is on the shelf.
Cheers

B

Bully

I have forgotten his name, but he used to work for one of the pin makers. He blends his own oil especially for pins. About ?3.50 and will last you ages.

The Mill Pin Oil
PO Box 9572
Redditch
B97 5GB

Drop him a line......no pun intended.

L

Laurie Harper

I use bike chain lube (the lighter variety, not the more viscous stuff intended for off-road use in muddy conditions). It's good and also resistant to being washed off by water - which it would be if it's for use on bikes. Cheap too.