And its goodbye from me.......

bigchub

Reaction score
As from now I'll be taking a non active roll as far as this forum is concerned and will not be making any further posts. I'm doing this for a number of reasons, mainly to concentrate on my fishing and family life but I can also do without the constant arguments and general bad feeling that seems to permeate so many of the threads on here these days. I just want to get back to having a normal fishing life and not be worried about what other people are doing or how they perceive my way of fishing. I just want to get that anonymity back again if you know what I mean.
I will be keeping my account and profile active and will continue to drop in from time to time. This is also so that people can contact me if they so wish by private message only.

Reaction score
When go I'm just going to slip away quietl...

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

It's been nearly an hour and you're still here chubby. Can you not quite let go?

stikflote

Reaction score
Im sorry to see you go, ,but i often feel when someone post,s its goodbye

, it always seems as if person wants others to feel sorry for them, you could just stop posting and be done with it

as for arguments and bad feelings,as far as forums go, this one is very good and well moderated,compared to a lot other forums i frequent

themyth

Reaction score
As from now I'll be taking a non active roll as far as this forum is concerned and will not be making any further posts. I'm doing this for a number of reasons, mainly to concentrate on my fishing and family life but I can also do without the constant arguments and general bad feeling that seems to permeate so many of the threads on here these days. I just want to get back to having a normal fishing life and not be worried about what other people are doing or how they perceive my way of fishing. I just want to get that anonymity back again if you know what I mean.
I will be keeping my account and profile active and will continue to drop in from time to time. This is also so that people can contact me if they so wish by private message only.

20/2/2012.
a sad sad day for the forum...

Morespiders

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Chub, must admit the forum could do without the backbiting, but thats forums, I make a point of not getting involved if I dissrespect anybody , I know them well.
Take care, come back sometime:)

cg74

Reaction score
BigChub, while I understand your reasons for stopping posting on here, but why the heck start a thread to tell everyone, when most people lose interest, they just stop (there is no obligation to post) until such time as they feel they want to recommence.

Simon K

Reaction score
BigChub, while I understand your reasons for stopping posting on here, but why the heck start a thread to tell everyone, when most people lose interest, they just stop (there is no obligation to post) until such time as they feel they want to recommence.

And why not, if someone wants to make a point and send a message by "signing off", Colin? That's their prerogative, surely?
What's to get uptight about?

Good luck to you BC. See you soon. ;)

cg74

Reaction score
Si, I'm not uptight about anything, and yes of course it's his prerogative to start a leaving thread. If it were more worthwhile I'd have written my post as a question, as I wondered why a thread was needed but because BC is no longer engaging on this forum that'd be pointless.

My prerogative to ask, surely?:)

dangermouse

Reaction score
There are a couple of reasons for having a leaving thread.

Firstly it`s polite to say goodbye to your friends.

Secondly it stops people that you do know worrying that you`ve dropped dead. I took leave for a couple of months from a forum where I was a regular poster and ended up getting a few e-mails asking if I was ok.

Can`t say I know you BC but good luck in your fishing and other endeavours. :w

Windy

Reaction score
Big Chub,
B C,
Bone Coll....
No, couldn't be.
Could it.

Go figure.
Who knows.
You'd have to be a very very sad and vindictive person to sock puppet in this way.

Hopefully Big Chub isn't just a pathetic sock puppet and his 617 posts reflect his substantial commitment to this site over many years. Albeit now disappointed and leaving.

Last edited: