Hobbit sized bivvies!!!!

R

Robert Woods

Could anyone give me info on a smaller bivvy/brolly as most are 60".I fish day sessions into dark and have to fish on small wooden platforms.At the moment I use a "matchman's 50" brolly fitted with stormsides.I need a shelter that is more stable (with four ribs touching ground)...lightweight...quick to put up...one which I could shelter from the wind & rain...very stable.
I was thinking about a Trekker 50" brolly...Huchy brotel...Sundridge apex bivvy...I don't want a 50" nubrolly,they are too heavy & the last one I had blew inside out.

J

Jon Moores

A bedchair brotel would fit the bill I think. Its much lighter than a big brolly and there is a bit of flexibility in its shape if you need to squeeze it onto a platform. It's also very quick to put up.

J

Jake Lewis

Without a doubt the best 50" on the market is the Aqua. There is nothing to match it for quality and stability.

A

andrew jackson

Yeah I agree with jake on this. The Aqua is quite simply in a totaly different league.

R

Robert Woods

Thinking about bivvys I used to do overnighters in the 80's with a 45" Newbrolly and a Kevin Nash overwrap.Good job I'm Hobbit sized!!!!!,even got the hair the right colour and I like food.

R

Rob Brownfield

Ahhhh..45" brollies...they must be a collecters item these days..hehe. As for overwraps...

M

Martin Lewis

How about a Relum type shelter which is a smaller version of the Hutchinson Team shelter. I got on from Argos very cheaply many moons ago, and it used to do for my first night sessions too!
It means threading a few poles, but is fairly easy unless the wind is very strong. I like it because the sides and back touch the ground with a built-in, (allbeit pathetically thin), groundsheet. This means that you are protected and warm from the wind depending how you set it up.