BREAD RIGS

William Burns

Reaction score
There is a local park where I have pleasure fished for years.The public take there children & feed the ducks,swans,etc & I know that I would logically be best using bread as bait for the double figure carp.I have tried floating bread on the water,free-lining & other various like rigs but that hasn't worked as they are very spooked with on top of the water baits so now I wish to try ledgered bread rigs.Can you,in detail describe as many rigs to use with bread/white marshmallow & artificial bread baits & the shape of the bread,ie,flake,cigar,etc.Thank you

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Pull a piece of flake off the size of your thumb nail. Free running lead.

William Burns

Reaction score
Any rig pictures would be appreciated,thank you.
It is full of silt & weed on the lake bed so can you use stiff rigging too.
I was thinking of using an apple decorer so to have 2/3 thumb nailed sized bread hair rigged off the bottom setting at different depths as it only ranges about 4ft deep.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

TRY THIS
Instead of the bomb, squeeze a couple of swan shot on in place of it. Also only squeeze the flake around the hook shank, leaving a nice piece of flake to settle on top of the weed or silt.

William Burns

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifHi Baz,long time speaking to you,had so many problems with the Pc.How are you &the Pike fishing going,I've got a few nasty scares from afirst timer as the lure got torn into my hand(long story with a bloody dog off his lead) lol?

Tried the rigs out & I've only ever used the rig you mentionedfor river roach or chub.I will let you know later tonight how itwent.I do prefer to use long shanks for flake.

C

Cakey

sorry I dont understand if they are spooked by surface bread what makes you think they will take it under water ?

try boilie or pellets at least you know the baits on