cat food

T

trev matthews

Ive just finished an afternoon match that had just over 50 anglers in it and nearly all of them (except me) cupped in at least a dozen big pots of cat meat, apparently thats the going tactic on the venue. Now by my reckoning 50 anglers on each match with a morning and an afternoon match on both saturday and sunday puts nearly 1000 tins of cat food into the lake each weekend. That cant be good for the fish or water quality surely ? Any views chaps ?

stikflote

Reaction score
i fish 11 different places on my match list, none them allow cat meat at all ,reason being it will poison the water ,and i have to agree with them ,luncheon meat will do the same if enough goes in to lake a lot of it does not get eaten,so it just goes rotten on lakebe

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I feel i must comment on this thread in order to point out a few facts pertaining to the stillwater i fish on a regular basis. I have had some fine catches of mature carp, good bream, a fair few tench and some cracking roach. I usually fish the same hours as a match i-e four or five hours and i can honestly say i have never used more than a tin of either cat-meat or luncheon meat and i am talking about 400g tins so in my opinion the exccesive ammounts used by matchmen can actually be counter productive both to the fish and the fishery.