Carp not showing.

A

Alan Areskog 2

Hi all,
Just started fishing a new venue on a local farm.The farmer has spent a lot of time and money to get the place up and running,but the guy has a problem with the carp not being caught.He has stocked roach, skimmers,crucians,barbel, chub,and loads of carp around 3 to 5 pounds but for some reason they are not being caught.The venue is fed from a spring that comes out of the hillside at a fair old rate.Now the water is quiet cold [as are the fish] then the water drains out to a nearby stream.The guy is getting a bit worried because he wants to offer a good place for anglers to visit,and this isnt helping him.
Now we are quite sure the spring brings food to the fish but the roach and skimmers are being caught.The last time he saw any carp in numbers was when they were spawning and thrashing about in the margins.So if anybody has any ideas i would be most grateful,or any advice..Cheers Alan.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Alan.
Could he do a trial netting to see if the Carp are still there? Or get the E.A. to do one for him. That would be a good starting point.

Antony Grigorjevs

Reaction score
Very negative and hopefully not the case, but could poachers be involved?Has he seen anyone suspicious around the place?

A

Alan Areskog 2

Hi anthony,

Never even thought on those lines, trouble is venue is not right on his doorstep so that could be the answer[hope not though].

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Thanks for the acknowledgment Alan. Must remember not to bother next time.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

There you go. That was my acknowledgment to the Monk. And it didn't hurt or cost anything.

T

The Monk

thanks Baz, yes good manners cost nothing, but the lack of them can cost dearly

A

Alan Areskog 2

sorry baz am i missing something here?
i did acknowledge your reply,

or wasnt that for me.

alan

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You only acknowledged Anthony. Still, never mind eh, I have decided to forgive you. In true Alfie Bass style. (still never mind eh).

T

The Monk

I`m sure I saw Paul?, mind you I have been working far too hard recently

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You know something Monk? Some people purport controversy

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

You did see Paul mate, but I corrected it to Alan.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

We are going to have Alan thinking we are a pair of nutters if we carry on like this.