Forum Upgrade

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Sorry for the current disruption to the normal smooth running of the forum. The techies are currently uploading new code and it'll be a while before it all settles down. If you see odd text like

that's html code. Just ignore it for the time being.

Or a temporary solution is to immediately edit your post and delete the unwanted code.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Back to the old format while it's sorted out.

But the full monte upgrade is on its way very soon.

Gulp.

T

The Monk

great, on some of the other sites I visit they have little heads spewing up and little guiitarists rocking, little guys having a pint and little women running about naked, things like that, can`t wait to see if we will get some of those

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the addition of full-face "smileys" is a dumbing-down of the Forum?

As to the ability to add pictures, well, that's what I thought the Gallery pages were for.

I really would hate to see FM go the route of some of the 'other' forums around, but it looks like a potentially downward spiral.

I really do hope that I am wrong though.

Reaction score
Peter/Nigel/Neil,

Smilies and images/videos can be turned off in the My forum section of this site. You can also choose to use the previous editor if you prefer. Kind regards,
Dave

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

FM go the way of other forums - /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif?

It won't Peter I can promise you that - /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Anyone who starts using smileys in my opinion is in the process of being dumbed down- /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave,

By turning off the cartoon faces, will this supress the view if others have used this feature?

From a personal point of view, FM has always been an adult-oriented Fishing forum, and I still fear for the future.

If I want to see cartoons then I can watch my 11 year old stepdaughter when she is on Penguin-dot-com.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

It's as I said on another thread, YOU can choose if you want smilies and forum images/videos,the newformat or to stick with the old one.

I know we'll never please everybody but you gotta admit we're trying hard!