SHOCK!! HORROR!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Interesting piece of news over the weekend.

Gold Valley fisheries has announced they are to REDUCE the stock density in their lakes by REMOVING approx 40% of the current stock.

Their stated aim is to ensure GV "returns" to a well balanced and mixed fishery and continues to consolidate its position as a premier commercial fishery.

As a regular visitor, I for one welcome this decision and look forward to seeing how the fishery and it's fee paying customers adaptto the new conditions.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Better upgrade your pole Neil.....................they might start getting bigger!

How many commercials will?also follow GV's example???

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I think GV can "afford" to do this as it's been around for a long time (in the commercial fishery sense).? It's stock is generally thriving and has done for many years.? When I worked there a few years ago, the sight of thousands of fish spawning was awe inspiring, you just could not believe the numbers of fish.

This last spawning time did see some problems at the fishery, but still minor compared to other fishery losses, and clearly there is a much bigger head of smaller fish, particularly carp, in the lakes than has been witnessed in the past.

Even after they have reduced the stock density, there will be plenty of fish left!

The remaining inhabitants will "grow on" pretty quickly so I will not be suprised to see Gold Lake in particular becoming home to some pretty big carp.? They're there to 20lb+ with a couple of 30lb fish as it is so who knows what will happen.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's a move in the right direction Neil and hats off to them, I really hope it's a succes and other commercials follow in their footsteps.

Get a stronger pole mate!!!

Why aint my right click spell checker working???