Chris Yate`s Rod For Sale

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

dezza

Reaction score
I owned one of those rods which I purchased ca 1965. Chapmans of Ware cane was hardly the best and in a few months the rod had an awful set in the top joint.

The original of these rods had a detachable butt with the corks glued on a 26 inch length of aluminium tubing. The corks were hardly top grade. The rod rings were the cheapest you could get and although it claimed to be hollow built, only the middle section was so.

To be brutally honest it was a **** rod, it felt top heavy, it was built to a price, and I have great respect for Fred J Taylor

But to want almost £1500 for it is bloody silly, even with the rod having the provenance of belonging to Chris Yates.

A hundred quid, yes, but £1500, surely thats a joke.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a carp rod built by Terry Eustace and just by the butt is written 'Dave Chilton'

Starting bids please....

Sorry Matt, bad timing now, I'm keeping all my spare pennies for my bids on the Yates rod . . . . . . . . . when not in use I think it would look grand standing on a creel in front of the **** Walker keepnets that I bought at auction a few years ago.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Nearly £1500 for a couple of bits of wood, some people have more money than sense, mind some would only need to have 50 pence to achieve that.

stikflote

Reaction score
i wouldnt want it at al,l even at 50quid, ,and i dont care who,s name is on the butt ,i never liked cane rods horrible stuff

Morespiders

Reaction score