Fladen vantage match hooks

nicky

Reaction score
anyone tried these bought three packs from the range 16, 18 and 12s had a close look at them and to be honest the quality looks tidy but they are only £1.00 for a pack of twenty should be alright for float fishing if they do turn out to be good that is a bargain.

To be honest they had alot of fishing gear all fladen and whilst some of it looked **** there were some good bargains amongst it i spent about £15 on bits and bobs

dnahacker

Reaction score
Ia it really worth scrimping on ?? i buy gamakatsu/preston/drennan hooks that cost me anywhere from a pound to 2 pounds per 10 the hook IS the business end i just cant see how saving pennies on a hook can be worth seening that 7 pound chub swiim away because a cheap hook wasnt tempered propely and straightened out...

nicky

Reaction score
same here usually fish kamasan hooks but they do look tidy i probaly only be using them for float fishing with 3lb mainline and 2.5lb hooklink i think it would be very unlikely for them to straighten out before snapping a 2.5lb hook link.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

saying that i bought some kamason b611's in bulk from ebay spring 2011 ridiculously cheap i think it was about 30 packs for £7 and they havent let me down once i still have quite a few left so sometimes you can still have a bargain without compromising on quality.