WOW How much

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Appear to be some sort of someone else here's Drug Baron Reel of Choice. Some Anglers actually have to have them in order to fight fish that really need them, but others merely to impress their detested "mates". Horses for courses, I suppose (though personally I wouldn't care to run on any of them).

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just seen these on eBay

3 NEW DAIWA TOURNAMENT BASIAIR,S BIG PIT REELS | eBay

How much are they in the shops? to be worth that sort of price on eBay

Paul

As PC says, that's about half price.

I settled for the Daiwa Infinity 5500's as they have great line lay, cast extremely well and to be honest as I don't get to use them all that often it hardly warranted spending any more.

At the end of the day it is all about using what one can afford and what one enjoys using - consumer and personal choice, innit!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
One of those will look nice on that Chris Yates rod.

Nah, too big for that and anyway I am trying to convince a fishing friend of mine to part with his Whitcher Aerial to go on there, for a very considerable consideration I might add . . . . .

I do however have a lovely Fred Crouch 'Emerald' Aerial that would look very nice on that rod and would be lovely to fish with I would imagine too.

I have a fixed price in mind for that rod and as much as I would love to own it I still won't go over my own 'limit' price.

waggler

Reaction score
The most expensive "big pit" reels of all. I think they normally sell for about £750 each!

Thats right, the Tournament range is Daiwa's king selection of Big Pit Reels and the most expensive on the market. They are the dogs but you might have to sell your own in order to afford them! I'm sure the Ebay price will shoot up...

Laurie Harper

Reaction score
I suppose, putting things in context, they're not much more than a new camera or other hobbyist's toy. Still terrifying prices, though.:eek:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For some reason these babies do sell...very well, I am told, but they are over the top price wise IMO and there are better reels on the market that cost a lot, lot less...anyone ever heard of shimano?

Mark

Morespiders

Reaction score
Just wait until things go wrong with the EXPENSIVE Shimanos and Daiwas,
Got a mate who bought a Shimano Stella, think it was £500-600, come to get a rubber seal two years later, they didnt want to know

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wait until things go wrong with the EXPENSIVE Shimanos and Daiwas,
Got a mate who bought a Shimano Stella, think it was £500-600, come to get a rubber seal two years later, they didnt want to know

tell your mate to give billy clarkes in sheffield, he stocks every spare shimano do and he might have one knocking about somewhere. I cannot believe shimano refused to help as their customer service is usually top notch!

Mark

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would waste money buying these reels, when for approx the same price they could gain admittance to the PaSC. (If accepted of course).