Daiwa amorphous whisker waggler special

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone can help me with a bit of info on the daiwa amorphous whisker waggler special ? I'm trying to find out the line ratings for it the higher being more important to me. I've been told 6lb is the higher rating but the person wasn't altogether sure...any help appreciated :).

sam vimes

Reaction score
Tigger,
Daiwa match (float) rods have usually had line ratings of 2-6lb for years. It's been the power/extra power versions that have higher. I do recall my old Tommy Pickering Matchwinners having ratings of 2-5lb but I often used 6lb line without incident. I suspect if you limited yourself to 6lb you'd have no trouble. Slightly less may be optimum though.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tigger,
Daiwa match (float) rods have usually had line ratings of 2-6lb for years. It's been the power/extra power versions that have higher. I do recall my old Tommy Pickering Matchwinners having ratings of 2-5lb but I often used 6lb line without incident. I suspect if you limited yourself to 6lb you'd have no trouble. Slightly less may be optimum though.

Hi Sam, thank's for that :).

ravey

Reaction score
I have two of them. Lovely rods.
Product code AWM13W. Line rating is 12oz - 3lb; I think Daiwa mean hooklinks down to 12oz (0.08 in old money), mainlines up to 3lb.
There were a number of different models in the Amorphous range, including, at 13 feet, a AWM13L (light) and a AWM13LD (?) which was a stepped up version which will carry different line ratings/ranges.
The AWM13W is perfect for hooklinks around 0.08 and 0.10 (1lb6oz and 2lb in Daiwa TDR rig line).
Hope this answers your query:).