Introduce myself and thanks.

Reaction score
Hi, I would just like to introduce myself. I have been lurking on the forum for a few weeks pending my return to fishing after a 30 year intermission. Fished until I was about 21, then other distraction got my attention, but I always said I would take up fishing again. It always seemed perfect retirement option, but with some people I knew dying at my age and friends with health problems I thought do it now or you may never do it at all. So armed with my new rod reel and tackle I ventured onto the Wharfe at Pool and started my return to fishing the way it all started years ago with minnows. After changing swims it took off with an afternoon of chublets, dace, greyling and a brown trout.A few days later I was again on the Wharfe at Collingham where on a cloudless hot day I managed two good perch, not having scales i could not weigh them but they were 16 and 17 inches long, could anyone estimate the weight. I would like to say how helpful the articles on FishingMagic have been in helping me return to fishing, in selecting my new tackle and helping with new techniques. My youthful fishing was nearly all on still waters so the articles by Dave Cooper on river legering and Sean Meeghan on Barbel from Yorkshire Rivers have been very useful. Hope as my experince develops I will post more in the future. Cheers

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Michael.......there are alot of useful articals here from some top anglers.

Enjoy your return to fishing.

Reaction score
Michael, Welcome to FM and back to the wonderful world of fishing.

This is a superb forum with a bunch of well-informed and friendly contributors.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Hi Michael, and welcome to FM, we have lots of fun on here, and we learn lots too. If it wasn't for FM i wouldn't know how to fish, some people on here have taught me lots of things. I've printed rigs and techniques out and taken them out fishing with me!

We also have have a bar on FM which opens on a Thurs eve, it's in bait box. Your first drink is on the house, but give the landlady a good tip/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Hope to see you on one of our fish-ins

Deanos

Reaction score
Na then Michael, always good to have another Yorkie on board, those stick thin lads from the Sarf of England tend to get on my case regarding my robust size, but are quick enough to "ask Deanos" when they have an angling problem. Dont enter the competitions though, the boss on FM is a right swizz merchant, and actually a millionaire!!!,also watch out that any articles you send in dont come back up with Granville Marsssdins name on them! I was promised a fish supper in payment for every stunning angling insight I provided from the site, I havent even received a can of cat food for me tea from the bald old skinflint.

Good fishing and enjoy the site.

ps do you eat pies?

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. If my perch were 3lbs does that make me a specimen man, my wife often describes me as a specimen but as she's a Geordie it's said with no hint of a compliment.Sorry Deano, I'm bit of a red wine and tapas man, but I do think a pint of Tim Taylor and a growler is one of life's true pleasures.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
".............is a right swizz merchant......."

Cheers Deano, it's years since I heard the word swizz /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif]

Welcome aboard Michael !!!.

J K

Reaction score
Welcome Michael I to started back fishing only about three years ago after over a twenty year gap and I have found this site to be immensely helpful.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Michael,

Clonking gurt big perch mate, well done.I'd have said 2.5lb, but hey?

And don't listen to that pie muncher from oop norf, we aint all skinny suverners down ere! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

.....................and be kind to frogs

Andyw

Reaction score
A nicer bunch of people you are unlikely to find on the net!!!

Mind you most of them are already on Mingers.com!!! ;-p

Welcome and enjoy... these guys love a nuisance!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Michael,

Welcome to FM, stay a while and enjoy - its one of the best places on the Internet for real anglers - pity about the 'smiley' faces, but still a great experience.

Brendan,

Believe it or not, I have just thoroughly enjoyed frog's legs as a starter for dinner here in Paris.

Ed,

Now I've eaten yer legs, will you please stop 'hopping' up and down?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Peter

I will if someone can take the lid off my box ......

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Welcome to FM Michael, the <u>only</u> fishing site mate!