Ribble Accident

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Fisherman dies in river accident
A 26-year-old man has died while fishing in a Lancashire river.
Emergency services were called to the River Ribble at Penwortham on Saturday night following reports that two men were in the water."

Anyone else heard owt?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Mum was telling me about a carp fishermen who went in after a weeded carpa few days ago but I'm not sure if it's the same incident.

J K

Reaction score
Fisherman dies in river accident A 26-year-old man has died while fishing in a Lancashire river.

Emergency services were called to the River Ribble at Penwortham on Saturday night following reports that two men were in the water.

Police said two Polish men were fishing in the river but had got caught out by the rising water just before 2300 BST.

They had swum to the bank but one of them had slipped. A body was later pulled out by firefighters when the tide receded. An inquiry is under way.

The dead man, who is believed to have been from the Blackpool area, has yet to be formally identified. I've just taken this from the BBC site.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The dead one had a gudgeon in his trousers

paul martin 7

Reaction score
Police said two Polish men were fishing in the river

Yes but did they have rod licences.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Lets not take the piss chaps....

Polish or not a bloke has drowned, lessons to be learned!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They were fishing the tidal section from the middle of the river. Night time decended and they did not notice the river rising with the tide till it was to late.

As lee says a lesson to be learnt. Learn as much about were your fishing as you can.

paul martin 7

Reaction score
Polish or not a bloke has drowned, lessons to be learned!

Yes, stop stealing our fish! If only my local stretch was tidal............

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

This guy is still somebody's son,father, brother or husband.Have some compassion.

paul martin 7

Reaction score
This guy is still somebody's son,father, brother or husband.Have some compassion.

Yes he was but there are people dying all over the world through no fault of their own, I have compassion for those.

You do not know they were stealing fish Paul

I don't know, you're right, but 3 Polish guys fishing at 11 o'clock at night?............

If he was legally fishing then I will take back what I said. If.....

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
S because 2 polish were fishing they were at 11pm they must be breaking the law. 2 english lads fishing at that time would obviously not be. In fact in that area i think you will find more british citizens fishing illegally.

E

EC

Wellsaid Lee/Nigel/Bryan.

Had it been an English angler, it would have been condolonces this,RIP that, tragic loss blah de blah, regardless of the circumstances.

FFS lads whatisthis site becoming?

paul martin 7

Reaction score
In fact in that area i think you will find more british citizens fishing illegally.

Percentage wise? I very much doubt it.

I'm not saying all English people fish legally, of course not. But I do think some people should take their heads out of the sand about Immigrants and fish thefts, the EA are aware how serious the problem is, they are giving out leaflets about having a current rod licence, one side is written in English, the other side is in Polish.

Reaction score
Funny how a nation

who fought bravely against simultaneous invasion by two totalitarian powers,

whose mathematicians did much of the crucial initial work on cracking the Enigma code before smuggling the material back to Britain,

a nation which suffered terribly during and after the Second World War,

a nation held up as one of rare moral rectitude for its religious piety in an irreligious Western World (not that makes any difference to me!)

is suddenly the provider of immigrants, doubtless illegal etc etc etc etc (I wouldn't be shocked if they were said to have worked on Morrison's fish counter in Blackpool!)

Sorry some of this thread has really nauseated me....Lee, don't faint, I agree with your every word on this matter!